Communications Internship with
Haitian American Chamber of Commerce of Florida (HACCOF)
HACCOF promotes partnerships and alliances within communities throughout Florida and Haiti to build healthy business climates, foster investment opportunities, create employment growth, and encourage public and private sector collaboration.
The Communications Intern helps the Community Relations Team with HACCOF’s communications, event planning and membership development.
Duties & Responsibilities
1. Assist the Community Relations Team with communications and membership development.
2. Support HACCOF’s membership events.
3. Act as liaison to the Board Special Events committee.
4. Coordinate nominations for awards and membership recognition
5. Assist with the production of newsletters, annual reports, brochures, flyers and other marketing materials.
6. Assist with media lists, contacts and email communications from HACCOF’s websites and social media activities including Facebook, Twitter, Blogs etc.
7. Maintain HACCOF’s archives of document and PR materials, clippings and audiovisual.
8. Assist with database management
9. Assist with implementing communications activities.
Must have experience proofreading, handling public or customer relations, working as a member of a team and maintaining project records. Must have proficiency in Microsoft Office: Word, Power Point, Excel and Publisher. Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills. Must be resourceful and a quick learner.
Applicants for this internship position can e-mail their resume to email@example.com.
For more information about HACCOF, visit www.haccof.com (no phone calls please).
Florida Immigrant Coalition: Florida New Americans Program
Position Title: Florida New American Program Associate Intern
Mission: The Florida Immigrant Coalition is looking for an intern to support the coordinator and manager of the Florida New American program, which strives for the naturalization and integration of South Florida’s immigrant communities.
Internship Objective 1:
The Intern will assist in outreach to universities, bar associations, service organizations, law firms, professional associations, politicians, and community leaders. In order to:
- Be able to recruit volunteers. The intern will be conducting outreach to different universities and bar associations in an effort to expand our volunteer and attorney base for our monthly citizenship clinics.
- Identify and engage community leaders, mainly politicians, to broaden their awareness of FLIC and have them attend our monthly clinics/information sessions.
- Create a spreadsheet of different organization contacts to reach out to help recruit volunteers.
- Manage existing FNA lists
Internship Objective 2:
The intern will increase the awareness of our services and education different communities on the process of naturalization through:
- Planning and assisting program coordinator with information session presentations to community based organizations and community fairs.
- Be comfortable answering basic questions on naturalization /DACA when there are calls to the office or at community events.
- Conduct some media outreach to add events to community calendars.
- Assist in some application preparation
Overall Learning Objectives:
- Receive extensive training on the basics of the immigration system and special immigration law topics: citizenship, naturalization and deferred action for early childhood arrivals
- Learn how to hold a group processing event in order to build skills in logistics, event preparation and other components of event planning
- Utilize our toolkit on how to effectively communicate with potential applicants and the use of popular education for community engagement
- Regular supervision by the Program Coordinator